Mitigation Technician, ESDR
Bassi Construction LP, a leading general contracting, restoration, and emergency response company is seeking a full time Mitigation Technician, ESDR. This role will work with our Mitigation Supervisor as the first responders for Water/Fire Damage emergencies in Residential and Commercial settings and will help to ensure the Emergency Services and Disaster Recovery division meets targets for safety, profitability, and ultimately customer satisfaction.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Available for routine on call rotational emergency services and after-hours work.
- Participate in demolition, remediation, cleaning, packing and moving.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe job site meeting or exceeding Bassi’s standards of Health and Safety.
- Update the Project Manager with any changes in details of projects.
- Provide excellent Customer Service.
- Follow written production procedures.
- Daily completion and tracking of job paperwork, timecards, checkout forms, vehicle records and other necessary paperwork.
- Maintain and clean equipment.
- Perform vehicle general maintenance and cleaning.
- Perform facility janitorial work as requested.
- Responsible for providing constructive feedback as to how the company can:
- Provide better service.
- Improve efficiency.
- Improve the quality of the finished product.
- Assist with Contents and Cleaning services as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Management Team.
Qualifications and Experience
- IICRC certification for Water Restoration Technician (WRT) Fire preferred but not required.
- IICRC certification for Applied Microbial Remediation Technician (AMRT) an asset.
- llCRC certification for Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician (FSRT), preferred but not required.
- Asbestos Abatement Labourer or Supervisor Certification preferred but not required.
- 3+ years industry related experience, Construction / Restoration / Insurance preferred.
- Familiar with chemical products including use, disposal, and Safety Data Sheets.
- Comprehensive understanding of customer service, principles, and practices.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License, able to provide clean drivers abstract.
- Ability to work within a team or independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic computer and/or Tablet / iPad experience.
- Able to work evenings, on call and weekends as required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work standing up extended periods.
- Able to pass a background check.