Bassi Construction LP, a leading general contracting, restoration, and emergency response company is seeking a Mason Labourer for our Restoration division, reporting to the Manager, Operations.
Typical tasks include:
- Transporting bricks or other materials to the work area
- Mixing grout and moving it to the work area
- Cutting the bricks that are needed for corners, arches and complex patterns
- Laying building materials such as concrete and brick and constructing and repairing surfaces or structures
- Preparing surfaces before beginning a job, laying blocks or bricks in accordance with blueprints, plans, or drawings.
A successful candidate must:
- Arrive on time and be reliable
- Have a means to travel throughout Ottawa as job sites may vary daily
- Work safely to protect themselves and their co-workers (required safety courses will be provided)
- Take direction form supervisors t carry out tasks
- Be able to perform physical labour in varying conditions
- Have adequate knowledge of relevant tools, masonry techniques, equipment, and materials
Hourly rate will be based on level of experience of successful applicant.